Valentine’s schmalentine’s, sometimes our real life long loves are our best friends. Did you know that February 13th is Galentine’s Day? Like Friendsgiving, Galentine’s Day has become a cute celebration of friendships and I am a fan. Show your best pal or even numerous gal pals some love this Valentine’s Day with a thoughtful yet inexpensive gift.
Whether they are a simple ‘thanks for being in my life’ gesture or a girls-night-in party favor, the ladies in your life will love them! Like I mentioned in my Candy Cane Hot Chocolate post, these mason jar gifts can be tailored specifically to each recipient. They can also be put together extremely inexpensively – or not but that’s up to you and your budget.
I put this one together using a mix of my own sample beauty products plus some new purchases. For example over Christmas when you purchase certain beauty sets they often come with free gifts that consist of sample sized products. I LOVE thisworks Deep Sleep Pillow Spray and through my own purchases/subscription boxes I have received smaller versions that I’m (just about) willing to part with! Add your BFF’s favorite shade of lipstick or nail polish and a cute nail file to create this hair, face and nails glam jar!
I am obsessed with jar gifts for their sheer versatility and meaning! It is so sweet to receive a gift from someone full of the things you love the most. It’s just so thoughtful!
Some jar fillers your gal pals will love are
- Bath Bombs, homemade or fancy ones they wouldn’t buy for themselves.
- Candy (a mix of their favorite kinds)
- Mini Wine Bottles (because, y’know!)
- DIY Facial Essentials
- DIY Mani/Pedi Tools
- Gift Cards
- Emergency Handbag Kit (spare tights, chewing gum, lip balm, blister pads for those too-tight shoes she had to have)
- Newborn First Weeks Survival Kit (coffee, eye mask, rejuvenating eye cream, her favorite body lotion, healthy snacks)
- An occupation appropriate jar. For example for a nurse you could fill a large water bottle with compression stockings, instant coffee sachets, mints, hair clips, pens.